- 2012 Elections (55)
- Government (24)
- Issues (32)
- News Coverage (30)
- Fox News (30)
- PACs (6)
- Parties / Movements (81)
- Politicians (37)
- Uncategorized (236)
- If you see this sign in #Indiana and ur #gay - u will not be served. @GovPenceIN @TheAdvocateMag #lgbt @cnn @msnbc http://t.co/Ac6lXrl0jB 1 day ago
- @mwilliams433 - This is why US is the only industrialized country where our sick and veterans have to beg for donations at 7-Eleven - nice 3 days ago
- @NCAA to move the Big 10 #Football Championship out of #Indianapolis - ow.ly/KQjKe @BigTenNetwork @ESPN_BigTen @GovPenceIN #gbla 3 days ago
- Which @GOP lawmakers received information from Israeli spies? - @nytimes @cnn #msnbc @foxnews 4 days ago
- RT @Tulsa_Tweet: Check out some awesome books about #Tulsa - ow.ly/KKNSq @tulsaworld @TulsaPeople #oklahoma @kotv 5 days ago
- "Protecting working Americans’ paychecks shouldn’t be a partisan issue." —President Obama ofa.bo/g4Kc 1 day ago
- WATCH: The President highlights the progress made since he signed Wall Street reform into law five years ago. ofa.bo/g4Kc 1 day ago
- You've got this: ofa.bo/b45Q http://t.co/Iue5qqR3Lu 1 day ago
- Check this off your bucket list. ofa.bo/s4MQ http://t.co/0Dr0V3czMH 2 days ago
- "Time and time again, @SenatorReid stood up to special interests and made sure every one of his constituents had a voice." —President Obama 2 days ago
- Letter threatens to burn Presbyterian churches to the ground for supporting marriage equality thkpr.gs/3639504 http://t.co/htqUtqM2Ps 16 hours ago
- Conservatives admit the truth about Indiana's "religious freedom" bill goo.gl/H89Blj 16 hours ago
- The forest is disappearing thkpr.gs/3638910 http://t.co/RELCUhlMPs 16 hours ago
- This might be the most worst case of police brutality ever caught on tape goo.gl/5CKrnY http://t.co/YE6GnUuRTy 17 hours ago
- Arizona may force doctors to tell women their abortion can be reversed thkpr.gs/3639319 http://t.co/7kxsIdkE9X 17 hours ago
- March 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Is your Republican representative smarter than a 5th grader? If they are from Texas, chances are that they are not. This is why the RNC is promoting congressional leaders to bring in special ‘tutors’ to get the freshman class up-to-snuff on things like the constitution, structure and balance of power and basic American history.
Why the Need?
There have been several embarrassing missteps by prominent Republican lawmakers and ‘foreign policies experts’. One of the most embarrassing came just in the past several days.
Another example of GOP ignorance happened after the shootings in Paris. Both everyday citizens in the United Kingdom and the Prime Minister David Cameron expressed frustration with Saturday’s episode of the Fox News show Justice with Judge Jeanine, blasting one of the show’s guests for making wildly inaccurate claims about Islam and a British city.
In a segment meant to discuss “no-go zones” — or regions in Europe that are supposedly off-limits to non-Muslims — host Jeanine Pirro called on guest Steven Emerson, a Fox News terrorism “expert” whose career is riddled with hyperbolic claims, inaccurate reporting, and even suspicious financial arrangements. After riffing on “no-go zones” as “a country within a country,” Emerson specifically cited the British city of Birmingham as home to a population that is “totally Muslim.”
“And in Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go in,” he said. “And parts of London, there are actually Muslim religious police that actually beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn’t dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire. So there’s a situation that Western Europe is not dealing with,” said Emerson.
“When I heard this, frankly, I choked on my porridge and I thought it must be April Fool’s Day,” Cameron said. “This guy’s clearly a complete idiot.”
Even though the bar for the majority of GOP constitutes is incredibly low, these incidents prove that there is a bottom limit, and apparently it has been reached.
Oklahoma – a case study in how GOP conservatism is failing our states and our people.
Oklahoma – Where we Rank Nationally
High is Bad
#43 – Education (overall)* 2013
#41 – Healthcare (overall)** 2013
#41 – Violent Crimes
#48 – Primary Care Physicians
#48 – Cardiovascular Deaths
#43 – Diabetes
#46 – Drug Deaths
#48 – Immunization of Children
#45 – Obesity
#44 – Physical Activity
#37 – Condition of state roads and hi-ways *** (dropped 13 places since 2005)
Low is Bad
#5 – Teenage Pregnancy 2012
#7 – Most Obese 2012
#15 – $1.36 Moochers Index (amount of welfare paid into state vs paid out)
Please Pray for Oklahoma! Governor Mary Fallin recently passed bills outlawing school standards – #commoncore, and another bill that prevents cities in Oklahoma from raising the minimum wage.
GOP FREAK SHOW! Idaho residents are used to crazy politics, but a primary debate involving four candidates seeking the Republican nomination for governor showed just how far off the rails the Republicans have gone.
Yes, one does brag about going to jail.
Recently, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., a rumored 2016 presidential candidate, has bashed the former president over the Lewinsky sex scandal, going as far to say Clinton exhibited predatory behavior. However, the same allegations have also been made towards him by men who went to college with him at Baylor University.
“He was a bully when he would drink.” a former acquaintance said. “He would get touchy and grabby with men and I think he only got away with it because people knew his father was someone important.”
“Its no secret to anyone that knows him and I am sure Kelley knows”, says a long time friend. Another friend adds, “Everyone knows, and frankly no one cares. It is between him and his wife. The only thing that I worry about is that he likes them young.” In the past before he was in congress, he would go as far away as New Orleans and Nashville for a ‘men’s weekend’ and visit the local ‘leather and levis’ bars.