- 2012 Elections (55)
- Government (24)
- Issues (32)
- News Coverage (30)
- Fox News (30)
- PACs (6)
- Parties / Movements (81)
- Politicians (37)
- Uncategorized (236)
- RT @CaelusGreenRoom: Survey: Need for Housing, Youth Development and Jobs Outpacing Available Services; 52% of U.S.... http://t.co/TwoI7dqU… 2 hours ago
- RT @chrislhayes: Great work from @baltimoresun reporters today. (And not just today!) 5 hours ago
- RT @CaelusGreenRoom: Carnival Ecstasy Earns Perfect 100 U.S.P.H. Inspection Score - #green #sustainability #csr is.gd/jPjZzr 8 hours ago
- RT @maddow: Man's execution scheduled for the night before SCOTUS hears case about the means by which they'll kill him: http://t.co/UxI5aYO… 9 hours ago
- RT @CaelusGreenRoom: NELHA Announces Partnership with Sandia National Labs; Installation of Aquion Energy Storage Demonstration System #su… 13 hours ago
- If you aspire to be a better community organizer, this is for you: ofa.bo/i4uk 14 hours ago
- Thanks to health care reform, people have more options—just another reason Americans are #BetterWithObamacare: ofa.bo/r4wQ 15 hours ago
- Congratulations to Loretta Lynch, who was sworn in as U.S. attorney general today, the first African-American woman to hold the post. 17 hours ago
- ICYMI: Watch President Obama's full remarks to @OFA supporters last week. ofa.bo/q4t6 19 hours ago
- LIVE: Watch the 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner. ofa.bo/i4t4 #WHCD 2 days ago
- How to run for president and win 97.7% of the vote thkpr.gs/3651722 6 hours ago
- Freddie Gray and the deadly consequences of police indifference thkpr.gs/3651447 7 hours ago
- Oops! Anti-Obamacare lawsuit would invalidates Reagan tax law if it succeeds thkpr.gs/3651495 7 hours ago
- What you haven't heard about Baltimore tonight: Hundreds of clergy linked arms in peace and took to the streets thkpr.gs/3651896 8 hours ago
- The powerful scene on the streets of Baltimore Monday night that no one is talking about thkpr.gs/3651896 http://t.co/Ow11CtGG1L 8 hours ago
April 2015 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- March 2015
- January 2015
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Is your Republican representative smarter than a 5th grader? If they are from Texas, chances are that they are not. This is why the RNC is promoting congressional leaders to bring in special ‘tutors’ to get the freshman class up-to-snuff on things like the constitution, structure and balance of power and basic American history.
Why the Need?
There have been several embarrassing missteps by prominent Republican lawmakers and ‘foreign policies experts’. One of the most embarrassing came just in the past several days.
Another example of GOP ignorance happened after the shootings in Paris. Both everyday citizens in the United Kingdom and the Prime Minister David Cameron expressed frustration with Saturday’s episode of the Fox News show Justice with Judge Jeanine, blasting one of the show’s guests for making wildly inaccurate claims about Islam and a British city.
In a segment meant to discuss “no-go zones” — or regions in Europe that are supposedly off-limits to non-Muslims — host Jeanine Pirro called on guest Steven Emerson, a Fox News terrorism “expert” whose career is riddled with hyperbolic claims, inaccurate reporting, and even suspicious financial arrangements. After riffing on “no-go zones” as “a country within a country,” Emerson specifically cited the British city of Birmingham as home to a population that is “totally Muslim.”
“And in Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go in,” he said. “And parts of London, there are actually Muslim religious police that actually beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn’t dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire. So there’s a situation that Western Europe is not dealing with,” said Emerson.
“When I heard this, frankly, I choked on my porridge and I thought it must be April Fool’s Day,” Cameron said. “This guy’s clearly a complete idiot.”
Even though the bar for the majority of GOP constitutes is incredibly low, these incidents prove that there is a bottom limit, and apparently it has been reached.
Oklahoma – a case study in how GOP conservatism is failing our states and our people.
Oklahoma – Where we Rank Nationally
High is Bad
#43 – Education (overall)* 2013
#41 – Healthcare (overall)** 2013
#41 – Violent Crimes
#48 – Primary Care Physicians
#48 – Cardiovascular Deaths
#43 – Diabetes
#46 – Drug Deaths
#48 – Immunization of Children
#45 – Obesity
#44 – Physical Activity
#37 – Condition of state roads and hi-ways *** (dropped 13 places since 2005)
Low is Bad
#5 – Teenage Pregnancy 2012
#7 – Most Obese 2012
#15 – $1.36 Moochers Index (amount of welfare paid into state vs paid out)
Please Pray for Oklahoma! Governor Mary Fallin recently passed bills outlawing school standards – #commoncore, and another bill that prevents cities in Oklahoma from raising the minimum wage.
GOP FREAK SHOW! Idaho residents are used to crazy politics, but a primary debate involving four candidates seeking the Republican nomination for governor showed just how far off the rails the Republicans have gone.
Yes, one does brag about going to jail.
Recently, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., a rumored 2016 presidential candidate, has bashed the former president over the Lewinsky sex scandal, going as far to say Clinton exhibited predatory behavior. However, the same allegations have also been made towards him by men who went to college with him at Baylor University.
“He was a bully when he would drink.” a former acquaintance said. “He would get touchy and grabby with men and I think he only got away with it because people knew his father was someone important.”
“Its no secret to anyone that knows him and I am sure Kelley knows”, says a long time friend. Another friend adds, “Everyone knows, and frankly no one cares. It is between him and his wife. The only thing that I worry about is that he likes them young.” In the past before he was in congress, he would go as far away as New Orleans and Nashville for a ‘men’s weekend’ and visit the local ‘leather and levis’ bars.